Homemade Orange Facial is an instant way to lighten the color of your skin and to improve facial rejuvenation.Orange is a miraculous fruit.It provides a lot of nutrients and vitamins to the skin.
Why Orange Facial?
– Orange is mostly known for the high amount of vitamin C in it.Vitamin C is one of the most important treatment for lightening skin.
– Orange contains a fair amount of vitamin A that help reduces brown spots and pigmentation, increases blood flow to the skin surface hence leaving your skin much clear and even-toned.
– It also contains vitamin E, a fat-soluble antioxidant that plays an anti-aging role in the skin, it moisturizes the skin and protects it from UV damage.
– The citric acid in orange juice works as a natural skin bleach.
– Orange peels also provide tremendous benefits to the skin.The antibacterial properties of orange peel fight pimples and the cleansing properties improve skin texture, smoothness, and clarity.
– Orange facial is purely natural, cost-effective and completely safe for skin.
In this article, I am going to share with you 5 easy steps to do an orange facial at home.
Steps on How to do Orange Facial For Fairness and Instant Glow
Step 1 – Orange Skin Cleanser
This orange skin cleanser removes dirt, grime and pollutants from the skin, leaving it clear and fairer.It also helps lighten tan and retains skin luster and glow.If you have an oily or acne prone skin then mix 2 tbsp of fresh orange juice with 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and 1 tbsp of honey and using a cotton pad cleanse your skin thoroughly.Let it sit for 2 minutes and then wash off.If you have a dry, sensitive and combination skin then use a solution of 2 tbsp of orange juice mix with 1 tbsp of rose water and 1 tbsp of honey.
Step 2 – Steaming
Steaming hydrates the skin and softens the blackheads that sit in pores making the exfoliation process easier.Simmer a bowl of water and then remove from heat.Place the bowl where you can easily lean over it.Drape a towel over your head and bring your head closer for a good facial steam.Make sure you keep a distance of 10 to 12 inches from the water.Just steam for about 3 to 5 minutes maximum.You can add a few drops of orange essential oil for a natural brightening effect on the skin.
Step 3 – Polishing Orange Exfoliator
Reveal clean, polished and smoother skin with this homemade orange exfoliator.People with oily skin can use 2 tbsp of orange juice mixed with a tbsp of baking soda and a tsp of honey and dry skin can combine 2 tbsp of orange juice mixed with 1 tbsp of sugar and a tsp of honey.Gently rub this mixture on the face and neck in a circular motion for 1-2 minutes and then rinse with water.It works as a whitening exfoliator and removes grime, dead skin cells, sweat, dust, blackheads from the pores uncovering smooth, clean and plumper skin underneath the dull skin layers.
Step 4 – Skin Lightening Orange Facial Masks & Peels
You can make a wide variety of facial masks and peels by using oranges.I have shared some extremely effective face masks/peels that can help brighten and lighten the look of your skin.Choose a facial mask or peel that is for your skin type and condition.When applying any of these facial masks or peels, place 2 cucumber slices on each eye, to reduce dark circles and puffiness around the eyes.
For Oily & Combination Skin Types
- Orange Facial Mask – Mix 4 tbsp of orange juice, with a tbsp of multani mitti, a tbsp of orange peel powder and 1 tbsp of curd.Apply a thick layer on your face and neck area, after 20 minutes remove the mask using a wet cotton pad in an upward direction and then rinse off with cool water.Orange juice refreshes and renews skin radiance, orange peel acts as a good astringent.It reduces excess oiliness in the skin, lighten spots, pigmentation and makes skin amazingly smooth and lighter.
- Orange Peel off Facial Mask – Dissolve 1 tbsp of gelatin in 2 tsp of hot water and then add 3 tsp of orange juice and 1 egg white.Apply 2 to 3 layers and once it dries completely, peel off the mask in an upward direction.It improves blood circulation and leaves your skin fair and flawless.
For Dry and Sensitive Skin Types
- Orange Facial Mask – Mix 3 tbsp of orange juice, with 2 tbsp of sandalwood powder, a tsp of honey and 2 tbsp of milk.Apply a thick layer of this paste on your face and neck area, after 20 minutes remove the mask using a wet cotton pad in an upward direction and then rinse off with lukewarm water.It gives an even skin tone and leaves the skin feel softer and fairer.
- Orange Peel off Facial Mask – Dissolve 1 tbsp of gelatin in 2 tsp of hot milk and then add 3 tsp of orange juice and 1 egg white.Apply 2 to 3 layers and once it dries completely, peel off the mask in an upward direction.It firms and smooths fine lines and bless the skin with a golden glow.
Step 5 – Facial Serum
Finally, finish off your facial by applying a facial serum.Simply take a small amount of the serum and lightly massage on face and neck in a circular motion.Serums are lightweight, fast absorbing and give the skin a silky, white glow finish.
Video on How To Make A Fairness Facial Serum to Get 1-2 Shades Lighter Skin Tone
Also Read Here